The Chio Lab is looking for an outstanding, highly motivated, team-oriented candidate who enjoys the excitement of a world-class scientific laboratory and welcomes the challenge of an energetic environment that maintains a strong commitment to collegiality and teaching. Our laboratory is in a highly interactive and collaborative scientific community in the heart of New York City. The Technician B will perform research requiring excellent application of professional judgment, interpretation of experimental results and collaboration with other lab members.
The position involves the studies of pancreatic cancer biology and redox metabolism. Additional responsibilities, such as processing of primary tissue samples, and culture/analysis of cells. The candidate should be motivated to participate in sample processing both from preclinical modeling experiments as well as therapeutic studies. This position affords the motivated technician an opportunity to develop/utilize both tissue culture and molecular biology skills.
This position affords the motivated technician an opportunity to develop/utilize both tissue culture and molecular biology skills.
The incumbent will perform molecular, cell biology and genetic studies in both in vitro and in vivo cancer models. DNA and RNA preparation, PCR, recombinant DNA cloning, gel electrophoresis, Western blots and tissue culture:
· Oversight and maintenance of mouse colony. Work with and handling research animals.
· Assist lab staff with animal surgeries, dissections, tissues sectioning, immunohistochemistry, and related work.
· Data analysis, identification of methodological problems in research protocols.
· Operate and help maintain common lab equipment.
· Assist in general lab organization and inventories maintenance.
· Generate and present written or oral progress reports, including assembly, organization, and interpretation of data.
Additional responsibilities pertain to laboratory safety, organizing supplies, research reagents, equipment maintenance, monitoring and ordering lab supplies and other related duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Thank you - we'll send an email shortly.
Other Recently Posted Jobs
Wait! Before you go, are you interested in a career at Columbia University? Sign up here!
Thank you, for sharing your information. A member of our team will reach out to you soon!