The CUIMC Personalized Genomic Medicine has a position opening for a dynamic individual with significant understanding of molecular biology/technology who is able to work in a fast-paced high-volume environment. The individual will perform complex laboratory procedures in order to analyze clinical samples; this will require extensive, accurate, and efficient hands-on work. The Laboratory Coordinator will be operating, maintaining and troubleshooting complex instrumentation. Attention to detail, strict adherence to protocols, maintenance of extensive and accurate documentation is expected. Duties will include:
1. Perform nucleic acid extraction, amplification, sequencing, Southern Blotting, RT-PCR and other technical tasks as needed. Compile, analyze and document procedures performed.
2. Operate, maintain, calibrate, and troubleshoot complex equipment. Follow-up and troubleshoot un-expected data, investigate non-conformities and notify supervisor/manager of instrument malfunctions or unexpected data.
3. Interact with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals on issues related to testing performed by the laboratory.
4. Maintain accurate and extensive documentation in accordance with internal and external regulatory agencies.
5. Sample receiving, processing, data entry.
6. Maintain inventory, request orders as needed and verify receipt and storage.
7. Develop or assist in the development and validation of clinical assays and generate the corresponding documentation of recommendations and findings.
8. Provide technical guidance and instruction to students, and new personnel, as assigned.
9. Attend continuing education, safety and compliance training as necessary.
10. Maintain continuous and accurate communication with supervisor/manager on all pending and current issues.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Thank you - we'll send an email shortly.
Other Recently Posted Jobs
Wait! Before you go, are you interested in a career at Columbia University? Sign up here!
Thank you, for sharing your information. A member of our team will reach out to you soon!