Columbia University's Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute (Zuckerman Institute) supports interdisciplinary neuroscience research and discovery by scientists and scholars across the university and promises to be the most comprehensive institute for brain science. Located in a state-of-the-art facility, world-class researchers are brought together to transform our understanding of the brain and mind.
The laboratory of Dr. Elizabeth Hillman at the Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute is seeking a Lab Coordinator. Reporting to the principal investigator, the successful applicant will provide administrative assistance with research focused on the development and application of advanced imaging and microscopy methods for understanding brain structure and function across species.
- Oversee general laboratory operations.
- Responsible for compliance related to laboratory safety, documentation, and inspections including coordinating small animal-related compliance and record keeping.
- Oversees all purchases for the lab, credit card reconciliation, and compliance with any contractual obligations and university regulations.
- Organizes and manages print and digital records, data management, and backups.
- Oversees group communications, schedules meetings, and organizes events.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for staff and guests and manages/tracks reimbursements.
- Assists with planning and management of large and collaborative projects, tracking short and long-term goals, checking progress, assisting with group communications, and addressing issues as they arise.
- Assists in the preparation of reports and proposals, and with correspondence and record keeping.
- Assists with personnel recruitment, onboarding, and daily guidance.
- Participates in the development and administration of annual and grant budgets; processes and monitors expenditures reconciles budget reports, and forecasts projects budget discrepancies.
- Support and monitor research-related activities to ensure compliance with University and funding agency regulations.
- Maintain accurate and complete records to meet fiduciary responsibility and comply with audit requirements.
- Performs additional duties and special projects as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Thank you - we'll send an email shortly.
Other Recently Posted Jobs
Wait! Before you go, are you interested in a career at Columbia University? Sign up here!
Thank you, for sharing your information. A member of our team will reach out to you soon!