Reporting to the Assistant Director of Human Resources & Faculty Affairs at Columbia University School of Nursing, the Human Resources & Faculty Affairs Coordinator will have responsibilities in the Office of Human Resources & Faculty Affairs and for the Vice Dean of Finance & Administration.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Handling recruiting responsibilities including entering open positions in the TalentLink (TL) website, posting positions on external job board sites & tracking costs, updating applicant statuses, processing background checks for potential candidates, completing hiring proposals, and tracking time to fill
- Ensuring that assigned faculty and staff are appropriately onboarded, including serving as point of contact, completing requisite paperwork, completing Template Based Hire via University systems
- Managing the additional compensation process for all Teaching Assistants and faculty from other University departments who do additional work for Nursing, including obtaining proper documentation and processing monthly payments
- Processing Personnel Action Forms (PAFs) for all employee transactions including pay increases, promotions, title changes, internal transfers, part-time faculty appointment renewals, terminations, medical/personal leaves, etc., and ensuring information is accurately processed in the PeopleSoft @ Columbia (PAC) system
- Coordinating the orientation program for new faculty and staff including scheduling presenters, updating presentation slides and managing all related logistics
- Managing internal documents and tracking systems to ensure information is up to date and accurate
- Working collaboratively with Columbia University Irving Medical Center (CUIMC) Payroll, Central HR and the Office of Faculty Affairs to address & resolve employee changes & updates
- Managing the Vice Dean’s calendar, including arranging meetings & events, preparing reports, creating and/or editing presentations, and managing files
- Answering and screening phone calls and visitors for the Vice Dean of Finance & Administration
- Overseeing all HR-sponsored events (Holiday Party, Administrative Professionals Day, Bring Your Child to Work Day, etc.), including designing space layouts, booking caterers, researching & ordering supplies, and establishing & maintaining relationships with both internal & external vendors
- Performing other assignments, projects & responsibilities as needed and assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Thank you - we'll send an email shortly.
Other Recently Posted Jobs
Wait! Before you go, are you interested in a career at Columbia University? Sign up here!
Thank you, for sharing your information. A member of our team will reach out to you soon!