The Coding Coordinator will report directly to the Director, Revenue Cycle and will be integral part of the coding/ billing team. This position is located in Fort Lee, NJ. Primary responsibility will be to coordinate the review of all Obstetrics and Gynecology encounter forms from clinical practices, including diagnostic procedures and surgeries for accuracy in coding.
This position will be expected to code their practices in a timely manner as not to interrupt or delay the divisional charge lag. Should any issues arise the Coordinator will compile a list for corrective action to ensure improvement in coding processes is implemented. The coordinator will be a resource for physicians, managers and staff of their designated practices in regards to coding efficiently and should always be up to date on current coding guidelines. Remaining current with all changes to OB/GYN coding and billing through participation in trainings throughout the year from such entities as the ACOG, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and the New York State Department of Social Services.
Maintaining ongoing education will be expected. Once comfortable and settled within the practice this position will be trained in certain billing features as well. These features will be determined by the division based on need at that time. Such responsibilities include utilization of multiple EMR and billing systems to ensure clean claims submission, clinical staff education on proper coding for maximum
reimbursement and understanding pre-billing review and monitoring of non-billable charges within the division. The Coding Coordinator will be expected to always exhibit a team-player mindset, attend regular staff meetings and manage all of their responsibilities in a timely manner or as communicated to them. Other administrative or miscellaneous duties as appropriate.
All OB/GYN positions are subject to relocation to a New York location if a space or business need occurs.
• Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent in education and experience, plus two years of related experience.
• CPC required
• Knowledge of Medical terminology
• Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Must be a motivated individual with a positive attitude and exceptional work ethic.
• Ability to follow through, work independently, and handle tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to set priorities and exercise appropriate judgment.
• Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks and follow through on the completion of projects in a timely manner is essential.
• Functional knowledge of basic computer operation and keyboard functions.
• Well versed in the following applications: Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
OB/GYN experience is preferred.
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is dedicated to the goal of building a multicultural faculty and staff committed to teaching, working and serving in a diverse community, and strongly encourages applications from candidates of traditionally underrepresented backgrounds.
We are continuously seeking to recruit individuals who will enhance the diversity of our workplace and the effectiveness of our organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Thank you - we'll send an email shortly.
Other Recently Posted Jobs
Wait! Before you go, are you interested in a career at Columbia University? Sign up here!
Thank you, for sharing your information. A member of our team will reach out to you soon!