Web Developer (Drupal)
- Requisition no: 528605
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory
- School/Department: Center for Intl Earth Science Info Network
- Grade: Grade 12
- Categories: Information Technology
- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range:
- Participates in the implementation of content management systems according to project requirements.
- Collects and analyzes research project data, documents, and other products and provides assistance to project teams in the design of effective and intuitive visual organization of data and graphical user interfaces, including graphics design, for the delivery of data and related project information via web sites and applications.
- Assists with the development and implementation of standards compliant mapping interfaces in support of multiple research projects and improve the visualization and analysis capabilities for geospatial datasets.
- Experiments with new technologies and frameworks in support of all the above.
- The incumbent will receive general supervision from the Senior Staff Associate serving as Associate Director of IT for CIESIN.
- Will exercise independent judgement and initiative within parameters set by the Senior Staff Associate.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or its equivalent required.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience.
- Experience with developing web sites using Drupal content management system (CMS).
- Proficiency in developing web sites and applications using technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, and Java Script.
- Experience building web applications with a PHP-based CMS.
- Strong graphical user interface (GUI) design skills and working experience with web development and graphic design tools such as Adobe Creative suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and efficiently within a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with changing priorities and multiple projects.
- Precision and attention to detail are essential.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to do weekend and off-hour work on occasion.
- Proficiency in Drupal 9 theme layer and API’s.
- Understanding of object-oriented PHP, Drupal 9 core, and its structure including backend PHP debugging.
- Proficiency in web-related *nix administration and Linux/Unix-style command line.
- Understanding of accessibility standards (WCAG AA, ADA Section 508) and how to implement compliant solutions.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
The Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory campus values diversity and inclusion, and encourages applications from members of underrepresented minority groups.
We accept online applications only.