Student Success and Intervention Case Manager
- Requisition no: 528363
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Morningside
- School/Department: University Life
- Grade: Grade 13
- Categories: Stdnt Affairs/Educational Admn
The Center for Student Success and Intervention (CSSI) uses a 360 degree lens to approach student support work, including student conduct, intervention case management, and student support initiatives. CSSI incorporates supportive measures for students with more significant needs, including students managing academic and behavioral issues, students of concern, and students with unmet basic needs. CSSI is responsible for connecting students to the supports that they need to overcome challenging situations, and also oversees the University's student conduct investigation and adjudication processes. Student Support and Intervention, in accordance with the expectations of students at Columbia University, upholds the highest standards of respect, integrity, and civility.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Student Success and Intervention, the incumbent partners closely with the Center’s team, schools, and campus partners to support a 360 review of student behavior to best support students managing complex situations. In partnership with Columbia’s 17 schools, the Case Manager will serve as a point of contact for students and other members of the University community to support students in distress.
- Meet with and support students, assessing well-being and support needs, preferences and abilities using these to develop tailored care plans.
- Work closely with University resources and support networks to put care plans in place.
- Monitor student’s progress and make adjustments as needed to improve outcomes.
- Perform intake interviews to collect summaries of concerns and communicate possible courses of action with students, faculty and staff, including sharing University resources.
- Collaborate with University partners to facilitate interim and supportive accommodations.
- Refer students to appropriate confidential and non-confidential resources when necessary.
- Document case information and updates, including monitoring interim measures, referrals and accommodations in Maxient database.
- Collaborate with other departments throughout the University to support the safety and well-being of students.
- Assess, create and implement successful methods of support to students who are managing complex situations impacting their well-being and/or the well-being of others.
- Develop virtual resources, training, and outreach to ensure students, faculty and staff have the tools and information needed to make appropriate referrals
- Participate in ongoing Students of Concern meetings
- Establish and maintain student/client confidentiality using FERPA.
- Stay current on trends and issues related to the field of case management and student mental health.
A bachelor’s degree and/or its equivalent is required and 4-6 years of related experience in the areas of case management, social work, behavioral intervention or counseling. Knowledge of complexities surrounding student mental health in a university or college setting. The Case Manager must possess excellent analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to exercise superior judgment and discretion.
Advanced degree preferred in higher education, student personnel administration, counseling, social work, psychology or related field. The applicant has demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities while maintaining a high level of professionalism and attention to detail. The applicant will be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced and detail-oriented environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.