Nurse Practitioner - Cardiology (CICC)
- Requisition no: 527131
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Medical Center
- School/Department: Medicine
- Grade: Grade 105
- Categories: Health/Clinical
- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit: n/a
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary: n/a
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) will join a team of specialists in the fast-growing field of interventional cardiology. The primary focus will be to see patients in an outpatient setting, often independent from the supervising MD at offsite locations in the five boroughs. The NP will assess patients in clinic to evaluate cardiovascular disease and collaborate with physicians to implement the appropriate treatment plan. The NP will also be instrumental in assisting to develop patient volume and educating potential referring doctors regarding the team’s capabilities.
- Work collaboratively within a diverse team of professionals
- Perform chart review prior to clinic days and assist in creating a patient summary.
- Examine patients, complete a medical history and summarize each patient’s condition to the physician.
- Educate patients and their families on conditions and treatment options including risks.
- Coordinate pre- and post-procedural testing in collaboration with the clinical coordinator.
- Review results of pre- and post-procedural testing and communicate results to patients, families and referring physicians.
- Respond to patient and family inquiries.
- Assist patients in navigating through evaluation to procedure to post procedural follow up.
- See both new patients and follow up patients in clinic and in other ambulatory settings.
- Participate in weekly coordination of care meetings.
- Help to develop referral pathways and perform outreach to referring clinicians.
- Perform other activities as defined by patient need.
- Master's degree or equivalent in education and experience, plus one to two years of related experience
- NCCPA Certification and State Licensure
- Experience in a hospital setting, preferably in cardiology
- Prior cardiology experience is required
- Must be able to manage multiple cross-functional communications and process in a timely manner
- Must have a high degree of professionalism in all communications
- Highly organized with experience in managing complex schedules
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Understanding that the patient is our highest priority
- Participation in the medical surveillance program
- Contact with patients and/or human research subjects
- Successful completion of applicable compliance and systems training requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.