- Requisition no: 527105
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Medical Center
- School/Department: Neurology
- Grade: Grade 104
- Categories: Research (Lab and Non-Lab)
The Phatnani Lab is seeking a Program Coordinator to become an integral part of a diverse and dynamic team. The Program Coordinator will liaise with a cross-functional inter-institutional team of scientific and administrative staff at NYGC and Columbia to coordinate and manage the activities of Phatnani lab’s network of collaborators. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for the administrative workflows and processes that are critical to the success of the lab, including providing management and coordination of budgets and funding proposals. S/he will report to Dr. Phatnani and will liaise closely with support staff at NYGC, including Accounting, Project Management, Sponsored Research.
- Manage high quality, integrated cross-functional project plans to ensure deliverables are on track;
- Prioritize and organize activities and resources to achieve project objectives;
- Cultivate new and ongoing relationships and foster effective communication between the different partners of the lab to ensure smooth collaboration;
- Track and report progress against project deliverables to ensure effective scope, acceptable timing, maximum benefit and quality delivery;
- Complete and submit high quality internal and financial reports on time;
- Serve as liaison for the laboratory with all NYGC, CU and external contacts, including government and media agencies, faculty, students, and staff;
- Support organization of meetings and workshops, including the coordination of A/V needs;
- Maintain the group website, including when papers are published and grants are funded;
- Support publication plans and deliverables, and dissemination activities;
- Coordinate Dr. Phatnani’s calendar and extensive travel arrangements. Prepare itineraries and documents to facilitate domestic and international travel by current and prospective group members;
- Liaise with the administrative teams at the NYGC and other New York institutes to coordinate onboarding and off-boarding of group members.
- Develop and submit budgets for grant proposals getting input from others as needed;
- Assist Dr. Phatnani with submission of grant proposals and other research products, such as written materials for the Development and Communications teams to attract publicity and funding for the lab’s research projects;
- Prepare administrative and budgetary content for reports and proposals for renewal and supplementary funding;
- Provide Sponsored Research, Accounting, and Finance Departments with required information for effort tracking and pre- and post-award management;
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in education and experience required.
- 3 years of related experience.
- Experience of working collaboratively required.
- Excellent competence with computers and modern communication tools required; a proven proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Exceptional time management, prioritization and organizational skills required.
- Ability to anticipate needs and take action with minimal direction required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and to engender trust required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a collaborative nature, and the ability to take initiative required.
- Reliability, integrity, grace-under-pressure and a sense of humor is a valued attribute.
- MA/MS preferred;
- Profram management experience strongly preferred;
- Experience working in or managing a research consortium model preferred;
- Experience developing, submitting, and/or administering grant proposals strongly preferred;
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.