- Requisition no: 524635
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Medical Center
- School/Department: Pathology and Cell Biology
- Grade: Grade 103
- Categories: Health/Clinical
The Cancer Cytogenetics Technologist will be expected to perform processing of samples submitted for cytogenetics, karyotype analysis, FISH on paraffin-embedded tissues and hematological specimens. The individual will also be expected to perform specialized cancer cytogenetics tests.
70% - Perform Karyotype and FISH testing on hematologic malignancies and paraffin-embedded tissue cancer specimens
30% - Maintaining quality control logs
Percent time is subject to change according to the needs of the laboratory.
- Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent in education, training and experience, plus two years of related experience
- Knowledge of CAP, JCAHO, NYS and Federal regulations and recommendations
- Master of Science degree
- The candidate must be licensed for license eligible to practice as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist/Technician according to New York state licensure requirements. To find out more information, go to http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/clt/
- Experience with Cancer Cytogenetics
- Experience in Biology laboratory techniques
- FISH experience with cancer specimens is required
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.