- Requisition no: 519858
- Work type: Part Time
- Location: Medical Center
- School/Department: Surgery
- Grade: Ungraded
- Categories: Research (Lab and Non-Lab)
- Job Type: Short Term Casual
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Temporary
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 10-20
- Salary Range:
The incumbent will support the Division of Surgical Science.
1. Preparing data request documents for supervisor signature
2. Ordering reimbursement cards or other supplies as needed
3. Working with the Program Coordinator to create study activity trackers
4. Compiling documentation and database required to to research subjects
5. Assisting in the organizing and analyzing database and research results for preparation of manuscript
6. Reviewing and interpreting study budgets
7. Collaborate with managers, coordinators, assistants, and technicians in multiple therapeutic areas to ensure proper invoicing or subject activity
8. Recording and/or entering data for studies
9. Handing or processing human and mouse specimens
10. Extracting data from the electronic medical record
11. Communicating with, scheduling, and meeting with patients for research visits
- High School graduate or GED equivalency certificate
- 1 year of related experience or equivalency and some laboratory experience
- Possess knowledge of modern office equipment, systems and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and takes initiative to improve overall office operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.