Technician B - Digestive & Liver Diseases
- Requisition no: 519848
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Medical Center
- School/Department: Medicine
- Grade: Technical Grade 4
- Categories: Research (Lab and Non-Lab)
- Job Type: Support Staff - Union
- Bargaining Unit: SSA
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary: n/a
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range: $915.64 per week
An active GI genetic and immunology research lab Is seeking a Technician B to provide general research support in celiac diseases.
Collect samples, perform fully planned experiments and keep records of results.
Prepare solutions, as well as set up and calibrate equipment.
- Perform lab techniques including cell isolation, culture, FACS, Cell Sorting, PCR/qPCR, molecular cloning, Plasmid/vector transfection/transduction, immunological assays(ELISA, Luminex assay), luciferase assay/reporter and DNA binding assay (EMSA).
- Assist with ordering and maintaining laboratory supplies, chemicals and equipment.
- Attend lab meetings and participate in the research discussions.
Perform additional related duties as assigned and/or necessary to the functioning of the laboratory.
- Previous experience in laboratory scientific research
Experience with human tissue/blood, genotyping, molecular biology, Flow cytometry, and bioinformatics
- The candidate selected for this position is required to undergo a drug screening test prior to a final offer of employment being made
- Participation in the medical surveillance program
- Potential bloodborne pathogen exposure
- Successful completion of applicable compliance and systems training requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.