- Requisition no: 519439
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Morningside
- School/Department: Finance and Administration
- Grade: Grade 12
- Categories: Information Technology, Facilities/Maint/Trades/RealEs
- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Reporting to the Assistant Director of IT Infrastructure, the incumbent will be responsible for installing, configuring, upgrading, and troubleshooting hardware, operating system, and software for the file, print, and application servers; administering day-to-day operation of the servers.
- Develop complete hardware and software solutions from general user requirements.
- Evaluate related hardware and software products and make recommendations for adoption.
- Maintain close relationship with departmental users to make sure their needs are being met and to gauge how the future might change their requirements and needs.
- Serve as a technical resource to the departmental IT group.
- Automate tasks through scripting and the adoption of software/hardware tools.
- Ability to think about technical problems and business problems with a technical dimension critically and creatively.
- Supports and troubleshoots desktops and peripherals as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in education and experience plus three years of related experience is required.
- A thorough understanding of and experience in networking principles; including Windows server operating system and its administration; thorough understanding and experience with Domain and Active Directory administration and design; proficient with administering and troubleshooting email systems; TCP/IP protocols and stacks; LAN/WAN connectivity; file servers, print servers, and application servers is required.
- Experience with DNS and WINS required.
- Experience with Kronos systems administration and troubleshooting required.
- Experience with monitoring tools, Firewalls and VPN required.
- Experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting PC hardware and software, including NICs, printers, network operating systems, standard business productivity applications, communication applications, internet applications, etc.
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of users with different computing requirements and backgrounds.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and ability to work independently.
- Experience with Veritas backup system and configuring backup rotations is preferred.
- Working knowledge of GlobalScape Secure FTP server is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.