Executive Director, Client Services
- Requisition no: 519436
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Morningside
- School/Department: Facilities Operations
- Grade: Grade 16
- Categories: Facilities/Maint/Trades/RealEs, Other
- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
The Facilities Operations group performs the regular services and repair work needed to maintain a clean, attractive, safe, and environmentally sound environment for the students, faculty, staff, and visitors of Columbia University. The group is responsible for maintaining all academic, administrative, and residence hall buildings as well as campus grounds for the Morningside Heights and Manhattanville campuses, Baker Athletics Complex and Nevis Laboratories. The Operations’ Services Center handles requests for maintenance and other facility-related assistance in the academic and administrative buildings on the Morningside campus, monitors all campus fire alarms and provides evening and weekend coverage for undergraduate housing.
- Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Maintenance & Operations, the Executive Director of Client Services serves as the lead responsible for planning, developing and implementing strategies for Client and Customer Service management for Facilities Operations to meet agreed organizational plans & goals covering relevant areas of operations such as client services, customer experience, service center, work and project management and scheduling.
- The Executive Director oversees the development of strategies and implementation of policies, procedures and programs to maximize the effectiveness of the CUFO organization in its interactions with clients.
- Using data obtained from detailed analysis they will develop, adjusts programs, processes, workflows, schedules, and labor requirements to the needs of clients and CUFO.
- They will lead the leveraging and implementation of technology and ensures accurate data management for client requests for service and follow through.
- Conducts detailed analysis to adjusts programs, processes, workflows, schedules, and labor requirements to the needs of clients and CUFO.
- The Executive Director will be responsible for leading a team of five staff members who will review and recommend changes for departmental polices and procedures, especially in the areas of work & project management, scheduling and Labor requirements.
- The Executive Director will define objectives, identifies and evaluates trends and options, chooses a course of action, and evaluates outcomes.
- The Executive Director will have fiscal responsibility over a budget of $3.5 million annually and the cost controls measures associated with maintaining the operations.
- Furthermore, they will have primary oversight of assigned service contracts covering the different campuses within Facilities Operations.
- The Executive Director leads Client Services Team & Services Center in the delivery of CUFO services to the Columbia Community.
- The Executive Director will represent the Assistant Vice President in committees and special initiative as assigned.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- A minimum of eight to ten years related experience in client services, hospitality or service industry required, preferably in facilities services.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Position works extensively with both internal and external customers, CUFO Staff, contractors, consultants and vendors.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Managerial and supervisory experience required.
- Ability to facilitate an environment which is conductive to working independently and as a team as required.
- Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Background experience in facilities services, construction, work management scheduling preferred.
- Experience will project planning highly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.