Variable Hours Officer
- Requisition no: 518732
- Work type: Part Time
- Location: Medical Center
- School/Department: Surgery
- Grade: Grade 103
- Categories: Information Technology, Administrative Support
- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Regular/Temporary: Temporary
- Hours Per Week: 5
Will be responsible for data abstraction and data entry and concurrent/retrospective data review for the ACC, STS, TVT and LAAO databases as indicated by the Manager of Quality for all internal and external regulatory functions both mandatory and voluntary.
1. Will provide regular bi-weekly data review/abstraction productivity reports to Manager of Quality.
2. Will provide ongoing quality review of the data as determined by the affiliate needs and Quality Management Team.
3. Will support the Quality Management Team with data related to identification of quality improvement opportunities, performance improvement activities and focus studies.
4. Will support sites in validation of data files and facilitate timely reporting with all mandatory and voluntary harvest schedules in mind.
5. Will report to the Manager of Quality for Columbia HeartSource.
6. Will demonstrate quality improvement principles in daily work.
7. Will demonstrates expertise in the data elements, definitions and specifications of registries assigned to support.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent in education and experience, BSN preferred
- 2 years plus related nursing data management experience
• Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice and seeks guidance in areas of question.
• Conducts self in a professional manner in all internal and external relationships.
• Takes the initiative to make improvements and to resolve issues. Can be relied upon to do what is best for the organization.
• Maintains confidentiality of medical record and physician specific information.
• Responsible to complete all mandatory educational.
• Must maintain an appropriate level of awareness of and sensitivity to the legal and financial framework in which the institution operates.
• Employee must understand the gravity and importance of complete, accurate and timely fulfillment of his/her delegated responsibilities.
• Must demonstrated commitment to the highest level of quality.
• Communication: Coordinates all quality improvement activities with the appropriate designee of the Columbia HeartSource team.
• Demonstrates effective communication methods and skills; addresses issues in a positive and constructive manner.
• Develops effective communication and relationships with all members of the continuous quality improvement team.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.