- Requisition no: 518619
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Medical Center
- School/Department: CMC CUIMC SVP Fac Aff & CD
- Grade: Grade 104
- Categories: Administrative Support
- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Hours Per Week: 35
Reporting to the Vice Dean for Academic Affairs and SVP for Faculty Affairs and Career Development, as well as the Assistant Vice President of Faculty Professional Development, Diversity & Inclusion, the Promotions Specialist will provide administrative support for tenure dossiers and professorships, for faculty at the Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons. The Promotions Specialist also provides logistical support on faculty meetings and special events held on behalf of the Dean's Office and as assigned by the Vice Dean and AVP.
- Provide administrative support on the tenure dossier process for VP&S faculty. Works with departments and the Dean's Office to solicits referee letters, manage reminders, and solicit data from departments and candidates.
- Provide support on the coordination of Faculty Council meetings held on behalf of the Dean of the medical school.
- Work alongside the Office of Development and the Dean's Office to support the professorship process for faculty.
- Provide support for faculty meetings and special projects as assigned by the Vice Dean for Academic Affairs and AVP for Faculty Professional Development, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in education and experience and three years of experience with academic appointments required.
- Strong background in administration and a familiarity with working in academic health centers a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.