- Requisition no: 518615
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Morningside
- School/Department: Campus Services
- Grade: Second Cook
- Categories: Food Services
- Job Type: Support Staff - Union
- Bargaining Unit: 1199 Cafeteria Workers
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 40
- Salary Range: $21.58 per hour
In charge of the general operation during the absence of higher ranking Cooks and Manager.
- In charge of the general operation during the absence of higher ranking Cooks and Manager.
- Performs the duties of the First Cook in absence of same.
- Assists in production and menu planning, quality control, safety, preventive maintenance, and employee performance.
- Produces the menu of the day, including but not limited to, entrees, vegetables, soups, and sauces.
- Operates all kitchen equipment in accordance with the prescribed manner including, but not limited to, ranges, steamers, meat slicers, and deep fat fryers.
- Observes the rules of the Division of Dining Services pertinent to food handling and production.
- Trains lower labor grade employees using various training methods.
- Observes safety standards and practices.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned within job classification.
- High School Diploma and/or its equivalent.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.