HandyPerson - NUSS
- Requisition no: 518550
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Morningside
- School/Department: Facilities Operations
- Grade: Ungraded
- Categories: Facilities/Maint/Trades/RealEs
- Job Type: Support Staff - Non-Union
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 40
- Salary Range:
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday 8:00am-4:00pm
Reporting to the Building Superintendent, the Handyperson is responsible for minor building and grounds repairs and preventive maintenance for several medium-sized apartment buildings.
- Performs minor carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, and plastering work.
- Inspects building and equipment; performs preventive maintenance to ensure proper working conditions.
- Removes snow and spreads salt as needed.
- In absence of building superintendent, may assist with the supervision of building employees and arrange work schedules.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma and/or the equivalent required.
- Three years of related experience required.
- Some heavy lifting may be required.
- Some supervisory experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.