Client Service Supervisor
- Requisition no: 518429
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Morningside
- School/Department: Facilities Operations
- Grade: Grade 12
- Categories: Facilities/Maint/Trades/RealEs
- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
The Client Service Supervisor is responsible for delivering quality and reliable service to our clients. We assign each client a dedicated Client Service Supervisor responsible for the relationship through joint business-planning activities. The Client Service Supervisor is a seasoned professional with a deep understanding of how clients with different business needs can leverage the partnership between the client and CU Facilities.
- He/she will administer performance standards to meet the service expectations of a broad client base and productivity measures to identify and track progress and customer satisfaction.
- Continually assesses performance through established standards and apply corrective measures as required.
- Maintain effective communications with clients.
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of customers and offer appropriate solutions.
- He or she works closely with other members in the department, to provide the support needed by our clients.
- In addition, a dedicated Client Service Supervisor is assigned as a client's single point of contact for our client's activities.
- He/she stays up to date on all CU Facilities policies and procedures, helping our clients navigate through our services.
- The Client Service Supervisor utilizes various resources throughout CU Facilities to help deepen the client's relationship with CU Facilities.
Bachelor's degree and/or its equivalent required.
A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience required.
Strategic thinking, analytical and creative problem-solving skills required.
Detail oriented and a self-starter who takes initiative and is able to anticipate and prioritize multiple projects.
Ability to manage up, down and across peer groups required.
Proven ability to work in a goal-oriented environment.
- Superior communication skills, written and oral required.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.