- Requisition no: 518427
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Morningside
- School/Department: Campus Services
- Grade: Pantry Worker
- Categories: Facilities/Maint/Trades/RealEs, Food Services
- Job Type: Support Staff - Union
- Bargaining Unit: 1199 Cafeteria Workers
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 40
- Salary Range: $18.04 per hour
Reporting to the Manager on Duty for John Jay Dining the incumbent will produce the menu of the day assigned to the pantry section. Which may include, but is not limited to salads, raw vegetable preparation, dressings, garnishes, condiments, beverages, and desserts; food production as required on customer service lines, such as hamburgers, eggs, etc.; prepares hot and cold beverages; assists cooks in their work as assigned by the manager, including sandwich, salad and cold plate preparation.
- Serves the menu of the day in the manner prescribed by Dining Services.
- Orders, receives and stores necessary food and supplies and maintains related records.
- Complies with the rules of Dining Services in regard to production and serving.
- Uses and maintains tools and equipment in a proper manner, including, but not limited to, steamables, coffee brewing equipment and food display cases.
- Cleans, prepares and keeps in order the area and equipment used in the job and other areas as assigned by the Manager.
- Observes and practices safety standards.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned within job classification.
- High School Diploma and/or its equivalent required.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.