Assistant Media Producer
- Requisition no: 518085
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Morningside
- School/Department: Center for Teaching and Learning
- Grade: Grade 11
- Categories: General Administration
- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35 hours per week
- Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
The Assistant Media Producer will assist in producing media in service of teaching and learning projects, programs, and events in collaboration with CTL staff and instructors. Under close supervision of the Associate Director and senior team members, the incumbent performs pre-production planning, recordings, and all facets of post-production, while adhering to standard workflows and documentation for best practices.
- Works under close supervision to plan, design, and produce media for use in a variety of teaching and learning projects; arranges pre-production logistics, including locations, auditions, and storyboards. Performs all necessary functions to capture material using proper lighting, cameras, and microphones. Contributes to project documentation and post-project analysis.
- Performs editing and post-production tasks necessary to produced finished media consisting of but not limited to titles, branding, b-roll, graphics, soundtracks, animations, and captions.
- Under close supervision, carries out the design and development of interactive learning activities and resources for platforms such as Canvas, Coursera, EdX, YouTube, etc. Embeds such activities and media in web environments that require complex configurations and interactions with other elements of web pages.
- Assists with the installation and maintenance of media computers and servers; helps determine direction of future media servers, systems and applications by constantly monitoring changes in the technology.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent related experience required.
- A minimum of 2 to 4 years related experience required.
- Experience with a range of video and audio technologies as well as traditional a/v technologies.
- Experience with a range of cameras including DSLR, 4K, lens, lighting and microphones.
- Experience with software and hardware for video processing, editing, online distribution, and web and mobile technologies, including Adobe Creative Cloud: Premiere, Media Encoder.
- Experience organizing media, metadata and archiving using repositories such as YouTube and others.
- Experience using Mac and Windows computers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to deliver presentations on related topics.
- Experience modifying and writing scripts and customizing media players for web delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work under pressure and deadlines.
- Experience with online course creation and related course management platforms for MOOCs.
- Background in web media technologies including media servers.
- Experience with Apple Final Cut Pro X & 7.
- Experience with color correction, compositing and audio post-production.
- Familiarity with Unix.
- Experience with project management principles
- Type other requirements and/or special indicators if CUIMC
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.