Sr. Registration and Financial Analyst, Student Service Center
- Requisition no: 517949
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Morningside
- School/Department: Registrar
- Grade: Grade 13
- Categories: Finance/Accounting, Stdnt Affairs/Educational Admn
- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range:
Reporting to the Director of the Student Service Center, and working closely with the Manager of the Student Service Center, the Senior Analyst provides primary management for cross-functional service in the areas of registration, billing and student account payments to all University constituents including students, parents, staff, faculty, and community members. The Senior Analyst will provide high touch customer service and resolution of complex client issues. A brief summary of duties include: analyzing and updating student financial and academic records, resolving complex problems within registration and billing, while maintaining confidentiality and conveying empathy.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Full ownership, investigation and resolution of various complicated, escalated issues not resolved by the University’s third party vendor using the various University systems and tools, including: SSOL and the Student Information System, Nelnet Solutions (student bill and payment plan), Parchment (transcripts), Paradigm (diplomas), Powerfaids (Financial Aid), OnBase (image system), Lenel (ID card system), and a customer relationship management system to resolve complex issues, troubleshooting and the ability to enforce internal controls implemented by the University that include professional judgment and independent investigation.
- Independently evaluates and determines the removal and application of appropriate holds and waivers of any associated student account related fees as determined by University policy or appropriate escalation to senior management.
- As a team, builds and develops strategic working relationships with schools, academic advisors, and other University colleagues to define areas where the SSC can be of additional assistance and support for the user community.
- Represent the Office of the University Registrar at presentations and conferences to showcase the SSC vision, mission, and technologies.
- Develops presentations to be given at University events representing the Office of the University Registrar such as New Student Orientation, Graduate Student Orientation, social media engagement and website content.
- Provides updates, statistics and reports to leadership on incident volume and resolution
- Responsible for the ongoing learning and development of the SSC by updating and expanding the knowledge base material.
- Assists management in identifying opportunities to streamline and improve processes, providing input for automating processes, and actively implementing changes, as needed.
- Independently manages the facilitation of FERPA requests to inspect and review educational records.
- Performs special projects and other related job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, plus a minimum of four to six years related experience, required.
- Higher education experience, experience within a Registrar, Bursar, Financial Advising or Financial Aid Office, or experience in other large, complex organizations preferred.
- Experience responding to high volume, complex customer inquiries/requests and working with customer service software preferred, customer relationship management/call center experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with production enterprise applications and reporting and data analysis tools such as those used in the Office of the University Registrar and Student Financial Services (SFS) office including Nelnet and OnBase, is desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), along with a working knowledge of database reporting tools including SQL and Access preferred.
- Solid analytical background and comfort with using data and information to create specific analysis to identify trends and resolve complex customer issues effectively through demonstrative effective listening skills, using insight, judgment, knowledge and provided resources to determine resolution, required.
- Must have strong financial acumen, highly detail oriented, with strong organizational and problem solving skills, and have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including outstanding listening skills, required.
- Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision, successfully incorporating established protocols to consistently ensure regulatory/policy compliance and operational effectiveness
- Excellent customer service skills and a demonstrated ability to work in a high pressured, fast paced environment required.
- Strong time management skills required to effectively manage time and priorities for complex issues.
- Must be able to understand and provide input to the policies and procedures governing the student account, enrollment, the academic record, degree progress, student accounts and transcripts.
- The successful candidate must be able to work well with all levels of staff and management, including a diverse group of University administrations, both internally and externally, is flexible in nature, with an open and collaborative style that encourages teamwork and cooperation beyond the immediate team.
- Must be a strategic thinker, with an open and collaborative style that encourages teamwork and cooperation
- Must possess a passion for excellent customer service and commitment to exceptional quality.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.