- Requisition no: 517193
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Morningside
- School/Department: Atlantic Fellowship for Racial Equity Program
- Grade: Grade 11
- Categories: General Administration
- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range: Commensurate with experience.
Atlantic Fellows for Racial Equity (AFRE) is a fellowship programme working to build just and equitable communities in the United States and South Africa.
Based at Columbia University in New York City and the Nelson Mandela Foundation in Johannesburg, AFRE supports accomplished individuals from diverse backgrounds through leadership development, community building, design thinking and narrative change. The programme aspires to build an enduring transnational network of leaders across issues, approaches, and geographies to challenge anti-Black racism and build the policies, institutions and narratives needed for a more equitable future.
Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with AFRE Senior and Associate Directors and staff, the Data Manager is responsible for providing expertise to in support of AFRE’s evaluation and impact assessment processes.
The primary responsibilities of the Data Manager will include:
- Collaborating with staff on the development and implementation of data collection tools, such as participant surveys, focus groups, interviews, and field visits.
- Processing data, providing analysis and preparing data presentations, including identifying and creating innovative forms of data visualization for internal and external audiences.
- Completing comprehensive analyses of data in collaboration with AFRE teams and identifying themes for analysis and learning with staff.
- Managing internal systems for data collection and record-keeping:
- Overseeing record collection, audits and maintenance, including cleaning, storing, and updating of all records.
- Training staff on data collection and entry.
- Ensuring that the quality and integrity of data are protected.
- Assisting with dissemination of findings including the development of original abstracts and manuscripts.
- Liaising with M&E staff in other Atlantic Fellows programmes and the Atlantic Institute.
- Performing other responsibilities and projects as needed and assigned.
Please note that staff currently are working remotely due to the pandemic and will be expected to return to the office when it is safe to do so.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent related experience required, with 2 to 4 years of related experience.
- 3 years of experience in data management and analysis.
- Commitment to learning and working to advance racial and social equity.
- Strong expertise in Salesforce and software for data visualization and presentation (e.g., Tableau and Kumu).
- Experience in working with qualitative and quantitative forms of data.
- Ability to work with others in a positive and collaborative manner.
- Ability to anticipate, adapt and problem solve.
- Ability to work independently, as well as perform tasks according to the direction of AFRE teams.
- Excellent skills in writing and oral communications, including presentations.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.