- Requisition no: 516332
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Medical Center
- School/Department: Pathology and Cell Biology
- Grade: Technical Grade 4
- Categories: Research (Lab and Non-Lab)
- Job Type: Support Staff - Union
- Bargaining Unit: SSA
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range:
The position will have an integrated focus in cancer biology on fundamental mechanisms of cell biology and gene regulation including basic mechanisms of epigenetic regulation and enhancer control, and their linkage to pathways that drive the developing tumor fitness in breast cancer and how the elucidation of these pathways can be leverage to further diagnosis, treatment and prevention of breast cancer. An essential component of these efforts includes developing omic perspectives that integrate next-generation sequencing with genomics, transcriptomics, epigenomics, proteomics, metabolomics and patient sample image analysis. The projects will be supported by access to an established diverse cohort of breast cancer patient samples with deep next generation molecular genomic characterization for both gene and pathway discovery and and computational image analysis of breast cancer in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention, and treatment of cancer.
The incumbent will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Tissue Culture
- Ordering and maintaining lab supplies
- IHC IF tissue profiling
- Fluorescent Microscopy
- PDX tissue culture
- Recombinant DNA Technology
- Bachelor's degree in Biology or equivalent in education, training and experience.
- A background in immunology is desirable but not required
- Prior Experience in patient derived xenografts approaches and technology (PDX) would be very competitive.
- Experience in performance tissue culture a cell-based cell and tissue analysis is required.
- We are looking for an individual with strong desire to work on fundamental research questions in cancer, chromatin biology and their influence on the tumor microenvironment.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.