- Requisition no: 516121
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Morningside
- School/Department: Finance and Administration
- Grade: Grade 10
- Categories: Finance/Accounting, Facilities/Maint/Trades/RealEs, Other
- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
The Columbia University Facilities & Operations office of Residential Finance and Parking is responsible for managing the Morningside campus 24-hour and commuter parking spaces assigned by the University Parking Committee.
- Reporting to the Manager, Parking, the Financial Analyst will provide support for all functions of this office.
- Specific duties include the following: Responsible for the Parking Committee materials ensuring compliance with policy.
- Inform applicants of Committee decisions and follow up on outstanding issues.
- Reconcile the monthly parking accounting transactions including payroll deductions and other financial transactions.
- Process interdepartmental transactions, monthly billing and collections.
- Manage the daily, event and semester parking requests and billings.
- Manage the scheduled projects for parking rate increases, exemption renewals, affiliation checks and vehicle registrations.
- Process new and vacating parkers including determining policy compliance, data set up, payroll forms and parking deposits.
- Assist in analyzing data to maximize utilization of the parking facilities.
- Assist with the short and long-term planning and budgeting.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree and/or its equivalent in education, training and experience required.
- Minimum of 0-2 years of related experience required.
- The ideal candidate is self-motivated, reliable, and able to solve problems and work independently.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be experienced in creating and using MS Excel worksheets and be proficient in MS Word.
- Ability to meet deadlines and maintain confidentiality required.
- Familiarity with Database programs desirable.
- 3 years of related experience preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.