- Requisition no: 514612
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Medical Center
- School/Department: Irving Inst Clinical and Translational Research
- Grade: Technical Grade 6
- Categories: Research (Lab and Non-Lab)
- Job Type: Support Staff - Union
- Bargaining Unit: SSA
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range:
The Biomarkers Core Laboratory at the Irving Institute for Clinical and Translational Research is currently accepting applications for a
Research Worker in the area of targeted metabolomics. The candidate will develop and implement mass spectrometry-based workflows for targeted metabolomics and pharmacokinetic projects.
- Developing and validating MRM-based mass spectrometry assays for metabolites, lipids, and small molecule drugs according to FDA guidelines
- Ddaily operation of the LCMS/MS instruments including sample analysis, routine maintenance and troubleshooting
- Will manage the inventory and ordering of laboratory supplies
- Performs related duties & responsibilities as assigned/requested
- Requires a Master's Degree and at least 1 year of experience or a Bachelor's Degree and at least 3 years of related experience or equivalent in education, training and experience.
- At least one year of experience in biological mass spectrometry with an emphasis on technical expertise in LCMS method development and assay validation for targeted small molecule analysis.
- Hands-on expertise in operating, maintaining and troubleshooting LCMS triple quad (Waters, Agilent, AbSciex) instruments is
- Proven hands-on experience in setting up well-validated, targeted MRM based LCMS assays for metabolites, lipids, and small molecule drugs.
- Expertise in sample preparation techniques for targeted metabolomics and lipodomics.
- Experience with data acquisition and quantitation software for targeted analysis.
- Excellent problem solving, technical, and operational skills related to LC-MS/MS platforms and sample processing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.