- Requisition no: 514595
- Work type: Part Time
- Location: Medical Center
- School/Department: Psychiatry
- Grade: Grade 101
- Categories: Research (Lab and Non-Lab)
- Job Type: Support Staff - Non-Union
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 17.5
- Salary Range: $28.55 per hour
The primary purpose of this position is to implement the laboratory duties associated with a NIMH-funded study on the treatment of cognitive impairment in adults with psychotic disorders.
- Assist in cognitive skills groups with community clinicians at behavioral health facilities in the tri state NYC metro area.
- Independently conduct neurocognitive, clinical and functional assessments with adults with psychotic disorders at behavioral health facilities in the tri state NYC metropolitan area; independently score assessment data.
- Conduct structured clinical interviews with adults with psychotic disorders; make psychiatric symptom ratings.
- Conduct electrophysiological assessments with research participants at behavioral health facilities.
- Chart research participant activity; enter data and assist with data management.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned/requested.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least one and one-half years of related experience or equivalent in education, training and experience
- Type preferred qualifications
- Must successfully complete online systems training requirements
- Education, training and/or research experience in a mental health field
- Ability to work independently, under minimal supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members and community mental health professional
- Must be able to travel throughout tristate metropolitan NYC area
- Able to lift and carry a 10-12 pound briefcase to and from performance sites
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.