Program Manager, M.S. Sustainability Management and M.S. Sustainability Science
- Requisition no: 514591
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Morningside
- School/Department: Earth Institute
- Grade: Grade 11
- Categories: General Administration
- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit: N/A
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary: N/A
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range: N/A
Reporting to the Associate Director, M.S. Sustainability Management and M.S. Sustainability Science, Office of Academic and Research Programs (OARP) in the Earth Institute, and in coordination with staff at the School of Professional Studies, the incumbent supports the administration and operation of the M.S. in Sustainability Management, the M.S. in Sustainability Science, and three associated certifications of professional achievement (Sustainability Analytics, Sustainable Finance, and Sustainable Water Management)
- Assists in all aspects of student affairs by providing information to current students about matters such as course registration, co-curricular activities, and degree conferrals. Processes vendor requests and reimbursement associated with program related student activities. Writes various documents that provide information to students. Updates the program websites with new information pertaining to students. Assists with registration and course planning for the more than 300 students enrolled in the programs. Learns and routinely uses the necessary university systems that pertain to the student affairs functions above. (e.g., CourseWorks, SSOL, SIS, Wix)
- Contributes to student recruitment and admissions efforts by responding to inquiries from prospective students about admissions, the curriculum, fellowships, and careers after graduation. Writes informational materials for prospective students, including blogs about the programs. Manages event logistics for events student orientation, registration webinars, and information sessions for prospective students. Staffs campus student recruitment, alumni-related, and co-curricular programs for students, including professional development events.
- Supports faculty affairs functions by responding to instructors’ inquiries about faculty appointments, and all matters related to the organization and delivery of more than forty courses each semester. Helps to organize faculty meetings.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities, as assigned by the Associate Director, M.S. Sustainability Management and M.S. Sustainability Science, Office of Academic and Research Programs (OARP) in the Earth Institute.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required as well as two years or related experience.
- Must be customer service-oriented, collegial, and have strong organizational, written and verbal skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Preference will be given to candidates who have a related graduate degree.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.