Revenue Cycle Optimization Manager
- Requisition no: 505234
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Medical Center
- School/Department: Faculty Practice Organization
- Grade: Grade 106
- Categories: General Administration
- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range:
The Revenue Cycle Optimization Manager is responsible for supporting revenue cycle operations in clinical departments to achieve maximum efficiency and performance. Responsibilities include providing analytical reporting, operational support on by identifying issues, opportunities for revenue cycle improvement. Individual will help facilitate best practice model, make recommendations, assist with developing and executing plans for standardization and improvement.
- Under direction of Revenue Cycle Optimization Director, the Manager will make recommendations in all aspects of revenue cycle operations by analyzing data, trends, identifying opportunities and strategies to improve revenue cycle performance.
- Review physician charge patterns to identify utilization trends and variances.
- Perform disciplined denial analysis to maximize collections and reduce recurring billing errors.
- Identify positive and negative revenue cycle trends to determine root causes and corrective solutions to minimize denials. Escalate trends for bulk resolutions with payers.
- Achieve proficiency in querying system for data and reports. Works closely on interface and system issues as required, improving generation of data.
- Develop and deploy standardized solutions and improvement plans for solving operational issues.
- Provide direct end user support related to Epic platform for revenue cycle improvement and education.
- Communicate information on global issues, policies regarding coding and reimbursement practices.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop and implement solutions.
- Track and monitor key performance indicators to ensure departmental targets and benchmarks are achieved.
- Meet with Clinical Department leadership to review and discuss revenue cycle scorecards & dashboards.
- Represent at committees, task forces, and/or revenue cycle work groups. Lead meetings as needed.
• BA/BS in Business Administration, Information Systems, or equivalent in education and experience
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience of related experience in physician billing or practice management, preferably in an academic medical center.
• Demonstrated skills in A/R management, problem assessment, and resolution and collaborative problem solving in complex, interdisciplinary settings.
• Demonstrated proficiency in business intelligence applications.
• Demonstrated excellence in written, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated ability to structure, process qualitative or quantitative data, and draw insightful conclusions from it.
• Ability to work collaboratively with in a large organization with intra-cultural variations and multiple priorities, demonstrating tact and sensitivity in stressful situations.
• Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must be a motivated individual with a positive and exceptional work ethic.
- Knowledge of Epic billing system, Experian, Cognos, Microsoft Applications.
- Knowledge of electronic billing systems: front end and back end functions and the willingness to learn new systems, applications, and programs.
- Certified Coder experience is a plus.
- Project management certification is a plus.
- Executive Education work in leadership, business strategy, or related field is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.