- Requisition no: 505169
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Morningside
- School/Department: Campus Services
- Grade: Utility Person-Pre 1/1/99
- Categories: Facilities/Maint/Trades/RealEs
- Job Type: Support Staff - Union --
- Bargaining Unit: Local 100
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 40
- Salary Range: $15.95 per hour
Maintain required daily sanitation standards and perform set-up functions in Faculty House. Uses the necessary uniform and protective equipment during the shift assigned.
- Maintain general cleanliness and neatness of assigned areas in Faculty House included but not limited to lobby, cocktail lounge, function rooms, elevators, fire stairs, pantry and catering rooms, janitors’ closet, coat room, lavatories, men’s and women’s locker rooms.
- Clean, shampoo and vacuum carpets.
- Dust furniture and equipment as needed.
- Pull equipment for functions; check all function sheets for the day’s events and ensure equipment pull is done.
- Assist with set-up and breakdown of functions, stocking of condiment stations in café; wash dishware and pots; clean coffee machines and reach boxes and other related café or kitchen equipment.
- Deliver all food to designated banquet areas and replenish as needed.
- Set-up meeting room according to function sheet.
- Check condition of rooms and inform supervisor of any problems.
- Assist with general receiving from loading dock.
- Transport and dispose of garbage and trash to disposal area.
- Keep all function furniture neatly stacked and in proper storage area.
- Inform supervisor of broken furniture or equipment.
- Inform supervisor of needed supplies (i.e. flip charts, markers, extension cords etc.).
- High School Diploma or its equivalent required.
- Six months to one year related experience.
- Knowledge of the use of chemicals and safety protocol.
- Must be able use various cleaning chemicals with strong odor and withstand use for long period.
- Requires effective verbal communication skills along with ability to follow instructions, and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to walk and stand for long period of time, carry and push items in excess of 60 lbs. and work in hot and noisy environment.
- Requires flexibility to work various shifts including weekends and holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.