- Requisition no: 505167
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Manhattanville
- School/Department: Columbia University Information Technology
- Grade: Grade 12
- Categories: Information Technology
Reporting to the Director of Emerging Technologies, the Emerging Technologist will be tasked with understanding how to best leverage the world of cloud, augmented/virtual reality, 3D scanning and printing, AI/machine learning and related technologies. The Emerging Technologies team is part of Academic and Research Services at Columbia University IT is a fast-paced, startup inspired group that will be developing extremely innovative solutions to some of the most challenging problems in higher education and research through highly engaged partnerships with internal and external organizations. The successful candidate will be highly intelligent, insanely curious and have an unbridled thirst for figuring out new technologies, and innovative approaches to solve hard problems.
- Analyzes the technology landscape and utilizes technology to improve workflows and processes.
- Assists in planning, implementation, assessment and outreach related to emerging technologies.
- Manages multiple emerging technology projects across disciplines at Columbia University.
- Utilizes design thinking methodology to meet the needs of stakeholders.
- Assist in recruiting, motivating and managing full time employees and students.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and/or its equivalent required.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ related experience.
- Knowledge of major AI-based frameworks such as scikit-learn, Keras, PyTorch, TensorFlow, etc.
- Ability to independently learn and demonstrate new technologies in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to translate complex technical terminology, concepts and issues in terms understandable to technical and non-technical management and staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in a variety of competencies including teamwork/collaboration, analytical thinking, communication and influencing skills, and technical expertise.
- Ability to work with changing priorities and with multiple projects.
- Ability to be precise and attentive to detail is essential.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work weekend and off-hour work on occasion.
- Hands on experience developing augmented/virtual reality applications
- Working knowledge with 3D scanning and printing technologies
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.