Nurse Practitioner - Cardiology
- Requisition no: 505155
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Medical Center
- School/Department: Medicine
- Grade: Grade 105
- Categories: Health/Clinical
- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit: N/A
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary: N/A
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Columbia University Irving Medical Center, Department of Medicine, is seeking a Nurse Practitioner (NP) to work in the inpatient setting within the Division of Cardiology. The selected candidate will join a progressive NP group to care for patients with advanced cardiac illnesses, on our telemetry ward, advanced cardiac step-downs and CCU. The Nurse Practitioner will manage a diverse group of cardiac patients predominantly with Advanced Heart Failure and Heart Transplant.
- Render direct patient care including but not limited to obtaining patients' history, performing comprehensive and targeted physical examinations, ordering and evaluating diagnostic tests, and diagnosing/managing chronic as well as acute care problems from admission through discharge.
- Counseling and educate patients and their caregivers on disease processes and care management
- Collaborate and meet with the multidisciplinary team to address quality care initiatives and length of stay.
- Document all patient/caregiver encounters in the EMR.
- Perform other responsibilities as required.
- Master's degree in Nursing or equivalent in education and experience, plus one to two years of experience required.
- Current New York State RN and NP licenses.
- Current NP Board Certification.
- Current DEA license.
- Current BCLS and ACLS certification.
- ANCC Board Certification in Acute Care preferred.
- Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP) preparation preferred.
- Previous NP experience a plus.
- Recent experience in Critical Care preferred.
- Experience in cardiology, advanced heart failure a plus.
Must have the ability to adapt to a flexible schedule. Flex shifts, Nights and/or Days with night rotation positions are available.
- Excellent clinical, interpersonal, and communication (both Written and Verbal) skills required.
Familiarity and proficiency with computer based programs such as electronic medical records systems, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel.
- Participation in medical surveillance program.
- Must successfully complete systems training requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.