Human Resources and Recruitment Specialist
- Requisition no: 505131
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Morningside
- School/Department: Office of Alumni & Development
- Grade: Grade 11
- Categories: Development/Alumni Relations, Human Resources
Reporting to the Director of Recruitment and Professional Development, the HR & Recruiting Specialist will assist with the entire employee life-cycle process, supporting the Human Resources and Talent Management team in the Office of Alumni and Development.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following;
- Recommends and implements sourcing strategies to identify candidates for open positions and succession planning.
- Implements and leverages a variety of sourcing strategies and tools to identify candidates and promote open positions through social media sites, employee referrals, ATS based outreach campaigns, on-line job board advertising and complex web based sourcing and other tools.
- Develop a proactive and steady pipeline of qualified and diverse talent for open positions through successful implementation of candidate sourcing strategies.
- Maintains up to date and accurate reports on candidate sourcing activity, pipeline status, and effectiveness of tools.
- Recommends and implements process improvements in recruiting and sourcing program.
- Update and maintain the recruitment database for all active and passive candidates, job postings, and onboarding.
- Leverages the ATS to engage passive and active talent including outreach campaigns.
- Responsible for maintaining and analyzing recruiting metrics, providing insights for data-driven recommendations and decisions.
- Act as a brand ambassador when engaging with candidates through social media, career sites and targeted marketing campaigns.
- Coordinate and schedule all aspects of candidate phone and in-person interviews.
- Coordinates hiring events, including job fairs and other organized recruiting initiatives.
- Act as a liaison between the Department for HR/TM and other departments within the University, as well as external constituents.
- Create and update department master calendar and other HR/TM documents.
- Evaluate and recommend opportunities to enhance productivity by utilizing and incorporating new technology.
- Reviews applicant resumes for qualifications when needed. Conduct pre-screening phone interviews to assess candidates for required skill set and competencies for current or future positions.
- Ensures optimal candidate recruitment experience, maintains communication throughout the entire process and positively represents the organization. Serve as the primary point of contact for candidates throughout the recruitment process.
- Manages the Office of Alumni & Development internship program which includes developing a strategy for recruitment, the framework for the program, and assists in the oversight of the interns.
- Provides support for the Leadership in Action program.
- Responsible for planning meetings and events, including managing vendors and logistics. This includes ordering and preparing classroom materials and supplies, as well as handling venue set up, breakdown and catering.
- Manage HR/TM expenditures including expense reports, credit card expenses and reconciliations related to other ad hoc expenses.
- Create strategy for and implement communications for Learning and Development opportunities to staff
- Create, track and analyze survey results for Learning & Development classes as well as additional HR and Talent Management offerings and events.
- Provide administrative-level support for the Senior Director, Senior Associate Director and Director of the team as needed.
- Independently resolve issues and follow-up on projects.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of related experience. Must possess strong computer proficiency including Microsoft Office products; and knowledge of recruiting social media sites, applicant tracking systems and a high aptitude for learning new technology. Experience with Google Suite products and Salesforce a plus. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
Work experience in a higher educational institution, or other complex organization, highly preferred.
Excellent oral and written communication skills including experience with editing documents and reports, creating presentations and preparing letters and email correspondence. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to provide outstanding service to both internal and external customers. Must be self-motivated and exercise sound judgment, as well as taking ownership of role responsibilities and completion of work. Qualified applicants should have strong attention to detail, a commitment to work as a professional cohesive team member and the ability to prioritize multiple demands. Must be resourceful, creative and flexible.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.