- Requisition no: 505058
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Morningside
- School/Department: School of Social Work
- Grade: Grade 12
- Categories: General Administration
The Center for Justice at Columbia University is looking for a Program Manager for our Beyond the Bars Initiative which includes the annual Beyond the Bars Conference and Fellowship. Under the direction of and reporting to the Program Director, the Program Manager will manage the day to day operations of the Beyond the Bars Fellowship, and serve as the lead organizer of the Beyond the Bars Conference.
The Program Manager will primarily be responsible for the facilitation and administration of the Beyond the Bars Fellowship, and the organizing and coordination of the Beyond the Bars Conference. In addition, they will participate and collaborate with the Program Director and other program staff in the development and implementation of public programming and other tasks that arise.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Outreach, recruitment and selection of Beyond the Bars Fellows
- Day to day administration of the Fellowship including coordinating space, meals, headshots, IDs, bios, and communication with all necessary parties.
- Organizing all aspects of the Fellowship workshops, seminars and conference planning meetings
- Facilitation of workshops, seminars and conference planning meetings
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate the opening and closing Fellowship retreats
- Serve as the lead organizer for the Beyond the Bars Conference including all aspects of planning and execution of the conference
- Manage all conference logistics including securing space, vendors and various partners
- Manage planning efforts for the conference, convening staff and partners as needed to develop conference theme and goals, keynotes, plenaries and panels
- Manage the Beyond the Bars Fellows’ conference planning committees
- Act as the liaison between the Fellows and executive staff involved in conference planning
- Manage outreach, promotion and communications for the conference
- Under the direction of the Program Director, track budgets for the Fellowship and Conference
- Support Program Director and other executive staff in Conference and Fellowship fundraising efforts
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external partners
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director
Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent related experience is required. A minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience. Demonstrated commitment to social justice issues and activities. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal and administrative skills. Highly organized, good problem solving skills. Must be able to work independently and on teams. Experience with event coordination. Experience with group facilitation. Be highly skilled in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Masters Degree in relevant fields.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.