- Requisition no: 504431
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Other NYC Locations
- School/Department: CU Press
- Grade: Grade 10
- Categories: Marketing/Sales
Responsible for implementing Publicity Department activities and supporting the wider efforts of the Marketing and Sales Departments to gain the widest possible exposure for Columbia University Press and its distribution client titles. The Publicity Department works to bring attention to Columbia University Press titles, distribution client titles and Press personnel to the outside world through placements in radio, television, print, and Internet media. The Publicist supports these efforts through developing and implementing publicity campaigns for Columbia University Press print and products, and distributed publishers’ titles.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience required.
- 0-2 years experience in publicity
- Requires excellent command of the English language both orally and in writing.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheet, and e-mail.
- Must be able to work as part of a team environment.
- Must be able to work in a deadline driven environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, follow-up on contacts, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of book publicity.
- Extensive media contact and knowledge of the media.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.