Research Staff Assistant
- Requisition no: 504367
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Morningside
- School/Department: Department of Psychology
- Grade: Grade R2
- Categories: Research (Lab and Non-Lab)
- Job Type: Support Staff - Non-Union
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range: $36,300 minimum
Under the supervision of the Principal Investigator, the Research Staff Assistant will support research activities in Columbia's Social and Moral Cognition Lab. Studies in the lab focus on children's and adults' moral cognition, with some studies investigating connections to religious cognition and/or to the criminal justice system. Typical responsibilities include assisting with creating stimuli, recruiting participants, coordinating data collection, organizing and maintaining participant database, ordering supplies and facilitating the preparation of forms and reports (e.g. IRB documentation).
This is a one-year position with possibility of extension.
**Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to be considered for this role.**
- Recruiting study participants
- Organizing and maintaining participants database
- Coordinating data collection
- Assistance with creating stimuli
- Preparation of forms and reports
- Ordering supplies
- Performing related duties & responsibilities as assigned/requested
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Some experience in research environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.