- Requisition no: 503438
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Morningside
- School/Department: Columbia University Information Technology
- Grade: Grade 12
- Categories: Information Technology
- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range:
Reporting to the Manager, Classroom & Academic Computing; the Support Technician will assist with support, maintenance, user training, operation, documentation and security of AV/IT systems located in campus-wide learning environments, conference rooms, & specialty rooms. Position is Monday-Friday from 2pm-10pm but hours and weekly schedule will vary (weekend hours will be based on project and system needs).
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides excellent customer service and maintain good relationships with clients and department/school administration.
- Support and maintenance of AV/IT systems to include computer hardware, digital and analog media presentation systems, audio visual hardware and software, audio engineering and configuration of audio DSP technologies, network enabled devices, digital signage, conferencing technologies, lecture capture technologies and related equipment located in existing facilities.
- Provides technical support locally, remotely, and via the telephone.
- Provides Level 1-2 support for the IT Service Desk.
- Provides support for other teams as needed.
- Responds, records, and communicates pertinent technical information via the incident management system and responds to system alerts for multiple hardware/software issues.
- Provides event production support for special events.
- Provides regular weekend support based on customer needs.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and/or its equivalent required.
- Minimum 3-5 years' related experience.
- Knowledge of AV/IT Systems including hardware, software and system integrations including Crestron DMPS control systems and Crestron Fusion RV.
- Knowledge of server-client system hardware, software and integrations.
- Ability to move or lift items weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Completes work on time and to expected standards. Must be self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external personnel.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users.
- Ability to work weekend and off-hour work when necessary.
- InfoComm CTS.
- Crestron DM Certified Technician (DMC-T or DMC-T4K).
- Crestron CTI-Fusion-I.
- Knowledge of Lecture Capture, Streaming Media and Video On Demand systems including Kaltura, Mediasite, Echo360, etc.
- Knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications systems.
- Familiarity with Shure, Sennheiser, Revolabs, Biamp, Crown hardware and software including Dante.
- Basic understanding of network protocols and configurations.
- Previous experience in higher education.
- Basic understanding of PC, Mac, & printer hardware and software.
- Microsoft MTA, MSCA or MCSE
- Cisco CCENT
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.