- Requisition no: 503188
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Morningside
- School/Department: Columbia Health
- Grade: Ungraded
- Categories: Health/Clinical
- Job Type: Officer of Administration --
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Reporting to the Director, Medical Services, the Physician provide primary health care to students, with emphasis on illness prevention and health education.
- The successful candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to evaluate, diagnose and treat student-patients, staff and faculty while maintaining the highest quality standards of care.
- Perform physical exams including assessment and diagnosis of presenting problems and management of illness; educate concerning prevention and wellness; follow-up patient problems in continuity structure; utilize specialists and outside medical resources when necessary.
- Requires M.D. or D.O from an accredited medical or osteopathic institution.
- Requires NY State license and current DEA registration.
- Must be board certified or eligible in primary care specialty, Internal Medicine, Family Medicine or related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years related experience with at least 3 years' acceptable clinical experience required.
- Demonstrated expertise in performing medical examinations in routine and emergency situations as well as treating common, acute and episodic illnesses and injuries.
- Familiarity with electronic schedule and electronic medical record.
- Knowledge of disease, prevention, and health promotion needs of late adolescent and adult population as well as understanding of healthcare needs of a college campus.
- Experience with quality assurance, peer review, working with multi-disciplinary staff and working in collaborative practice.
- Bloodborne pathogens
- Contact with patients and/or research subjects
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.