Sr User Services Consultant
- Requisition no: 502143
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Medical Center
- School/Department: CUIMC IT
- Grade: Grade 104
- Categories: Information Technology
- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range:
The Senior User Service Consultant is responsible for assisting management in the day-to-day operations of the Service Desk team members, as well as directly supporting users with service requests or incidents, in accordance with the Service Desk procedures.
- Managing high priority incidents requiring a higher level of attention by a manager or support group outside the Service Desk 20%
- Working with Service Desk management in planning and scheduling for support coverage, and alter existing schedules during staff shortages 15%
- Receiving incident and service request escalations from User Services Consultants to provide higher level technical support for end users 15%
- Working with Service Desk management on improving services based on staffing and resource requirements 10%
- Providing incident ticket quality assurance – review submitted tickets for accuracy, comprehensiveness, and adherence to policy and procedure guidelines 10%
- Working with Service Desk Management to develop and continuously improve plans for the staff 5%
- Creating documentation used by User Services Consultants for diagnosis and troubleshooting, and review documentation composed by User Services Consultants for accuracy, completeness, and adherence to policies and procedures 5%
- Being knowledgeable about all new technologies, and communicate the latest policies and procedures 5%
- Undertaking all Service Desk management responsibilities including (but not limited to) ensuring sufficient support coverage in all areas of the Service Desk along with a high quality of support 5%
- Performing User Services Consultant activities in support of high-call volume periods, when all elevated responsibilities have been attended to, and/or as otherwise instructed by management 5%
- Performing other duties as assigned 5%
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education, training, and experience, plus three years of related experience
- Demonstrated levels of Service Desk Management and Supervisory experience appropriate for the needs of the position.
- Strong organizational skills with emphasis on detail and follow up.
- Demonstrated high level of technical support experience and knowledge required for all services supported by the Service Desk.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- MCSE, MCSA, MCP, A+, and Security +,
- DELL Certification: Managed Deployment Tech Lead Assessment
- Demonstrated superior level of understanding of Microsoft Windows 7/10 as well as Mac OS X operating systems, as well as, general PC hardware, networking (TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP) wireless communication, and anti-virus software.
- Understanding of Windows 2016-2019 Server family and Active Directory (architecture, user, groups, and computer management).
- Basic understanding of GPO.
- Understanding and ability to read PowerShell and VB scripts.
- VMware and V-Sphere configuration and deployment of virtual machines with various operating systems.
- Windows server builds and configurations x86 and x64 based
- IBM and HP Servers, Blade Servers, Dell Servers, MAC Xservers
- LAN & WAN Troubleshooting
- Active Directory in troubleshooting new and existing accounts
- Built and configured, Windows 2010, Linux Red-Hat, and Sun servers to organizational standards
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.