- Requisition no: 501554
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Medical Center
- School/Department: Institute for Cancer Genetics
- Grade: Technical Grade 4
- Categories: Research (Lab and Non-Lab)
- Job Type: Support Staff - Union
- Bargaining Unit: SSA
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range: 23.94/hour
This laboratory performs oncology research. Incumbent will perform basic molecular biology and will provide general research support, including keeping records of research results and lab maintenance.
- The Technician B will provide general research support, including preparing solutions, setting up and calibrating equipment and carrying out fully planned experiments, collecting samples and keeping records of results. S/he will also perform other duties necessary to the functioning of the laboratory, such as record keeping and data management, ordering and maintaining laboratory supplies, chemicals and equipment maintenance, research reagents and other related duties as required.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology, physics or related science or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- At least one year experience with handling mice, mouse colony maintenance, genotyping, ear and tail clipping, and IP injections.
- It will be necessary to work late on occasion to complete experiments.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are required.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.