- Requisition no: 501224
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Medical Center
- School/Department: CUIMC IT
- Grade: Grade 105
- Categories: Information Technology
- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week:
- Salary Range:
Reporting to the System Manager, the incumbent will be a part of a group, with primary responsibility to support our O365 infrastructure. Under general supervision the incumbent’s duties includes: planning, installing, configuring, upgrading , and troubleshooting hardware, network operating system, and software for file, print and application servers; applying patches/fixes; managing security; managing and monitoring system / systems performance, file system and local network; and improving availability. The incumbent will also interact with developers and users to install/configure services as needed. May work on most phases of projects on own and requires only general direction for the balance of the activities. Projects are defined by higher level staff or self. Develop complete hardware and software solutions from general user requirements. Evaluate related hardware and software products and make recommendations for adoption. Maintain close relationship with client groups to make sure their needs are being met and to gauge how the future might change their requirements and needs. Automate tasks through scripting and the adoption of software/hardware tools. Serve as a technical resource to the Deputy CIO of ITS. Perform related duties as assigned.
- Support O365 infrastructure 30%
- Plan, install, configure, upgrade and troubleshoot hardware, network operating systems, and software for file, print and applications servers 15%
- Apply patches/fixes; manage security 15%
- Manage and monitor system/systems performance, file system and local network and improve availability 10%
- Interact with developers and users to install/configure services as needed 5%
- Evaluate related hardware and software products and make recommendations for adoption 5%
- Maintain close relationship with client groups to make sure their needs are being met and to gauge how the future might change their requirements and needs 5%
- Automate tasks through scripting and the adoption of software/hardware tools 5%
- Serve as a technical resource to the CTO of CUIMC IT 5%
- Other duties as required 5%
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education and experience, plus four years of related experience.
Preferred qualifications include strong knowledge and hands-on experience with On-Premises Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016, Exchange Hybrid Mode and Office 365 Groups (Exchange Online, ADFS, Azure AD Connect) – installation, configuration, licensing, troubleshooting, governance, base to medium developer skills. She\He needs to have experience with ProofPoint application that we are using for hygiene the mail flow. Advanced skills for troubleshooting any mail related problems. Above average proficiency in PowerShell.
A thorough understanding of and experience in networking principles; including Windows Server 2012/2016 operating system and its administrations; proficiency in Active Directory administration and design; TCP/IP protocols and stack; LAN/WAN connectivity; file servers, print servers, and application servers. Experience with DNS and WINS. Experience with SAN, Microsoft SQL and various database applications are necessary. Experience with Citrix or remote connectivity software, designing backup rotations, working with monitoring tools (Microsoft System Operations Center) is highly desirable. Experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting PC, UNIX, and MAC hardware and software, including NICs, printers, network operating systems, standard business productivity applications, communication applications, etc. is preferred. Proficiency in scripting languages such as PERL, PYTHON, PowerShell is recommended. Experience and understanding with Virtualization. Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of users with different computing requirements and backgrounds. Ability to think about technical problems and business problems with a technical dimension critically and creatively. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a team player and ability to work independently.
- Type other requirements and/or special indicators if CUIMC
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.