User Service Consultant
- Requisition no: 501170
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Medical Center
- School/Department: Information Technology
- Grade: Grade 103
- Categories: Information Technology
In addition to being a member of the user support team, he/she will be the person responsible for all Digital and Information technologies that support the Center for Precision Dental Medicine (CPDM) and will be lead for identifying and resolving issues impacting the center.
- Support the unique video infrastructure, cameras and faculty viewing stations
- Support and configure Audio/Visual equipment and peripherals in CPDM
- Support in collaboration with the Dedicated Planmeca staff, all Planmeca Digital systems (chairs, scanners and mills)
- Provide on-demand support for end user issues with Digital technologies in the CPDM
- Support and configure Network attached clinical equipment
- Support and configure Computer equipment and peripherals
- Daily analysis and monitoring of client applications and systems for any potential performance and/or stability issues; resolves the issues or ensures that any open issues are addressed and resolved
- Provide on-demand setup and installation of Laptop/Desktop/Mobile equipment
- Provide on-demand testing and configuration of new/upgraded applications for deployment on client systems
- Maintain detailed documentation of all job functions for use as reference material
- Register IP address, activate data jack, inventory, and secure hardware
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience multi-tasking skills and performs a variety of concurrent tasks with minimal direction
- Ability to resolve complex problems in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Configuring and Troubleshooting Group policies in Windows Environment
- 2-3 years advanced Macintosh & Windows & IOS
- Knowledge of clinical, medical, or dental equipment
- Knowledge of Audio/Visual equipment and peripherals
- Industry certifications (MCSE, etc.) preferred
Comprehensive knowledge of:
- The currently supported versions of Apple & Microsoft desktop operating systems.
- The currently supported versions of IOS & Android
- The currently supported versions of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Networking concepts and wireless networks.
- Remote access (Terminal Services and Citrix)
- Application packaging and software deployment.
- Basic knowledge of video conferencing concepts and equipment
- Basic knowledge of video and imaging equipment and concepts
- Knowledge of and ability to support Synology
- Ability to lift/move/re-position tools and necessary items with weight up to 25 lbs
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.