- Requisition no: 499455
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Medical Center
- School/Department: Psychiatry
- Grade: Technical Grade 4
- Categories: Research (Lab and Non-Lab)
- Job Type: Support Staff - Union
- Bargaining Unit: SSA
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range: $23.94 per hour
This Technician B position has been created to support and assist in the conduct of new research projects in developmental psychobiology led by Drs. Jay A. Gingrich and Peter Balsam.
Perform assays and prepare solutions according to detailed instructions. Set up equipment for experiments, calibrations, and radiation surveys, according to instrument.
Carry out fully-planned experiments.
Maintain records of results of experiments; order and maintain laboratory supplies. Assist in collection of samples for experimental or diagnostic purpose.
Perform other related duties necessary to the functioning of the laboratory, research project or work unit.
Requires a bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology, physics or related science or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge of chemistry, biology, or physics and various related laboratory procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of experimental materials and standardization.
- Ability to perform work in a neat and orderly manner in accordance with safety regulations.
- Exposure to experimental procedures, laboratory equipment and/or working with animals.
- Ability to organize experiments in standard form and record data in a scientific notebook.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new techniques
- Familiarity with computerized operations
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.