- Requisition no: 526831
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Medical Center
- School/Department: Medical Humanities and Ethics
- Grade: Grade 104
- Categories: General Administration
- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range:
The Division of Ethics in the Department of Medical Humanities and Ethics seeks a full-time Program Administrator to work with the Division Chief and a multi-disciplinary team to support the Center for ELSI Resources and Analysis (CERA) and the biennial international ELSI Congress and to implement programming for the Division of Ethics. Place of work will be in the Division of Ethics in the Department of Medical Humanities and Ethics, housed in Vagelos College of Physicians & Surgeons at Columbia University.
- Support the planning and implementation of CERA training program, community outreach activities, including webinars, workshops, newsletters and website.
- Support the planning and execution of the biennial ELSI Congress.
- Manage new initiatives in the Division of Ethics, including Grand Rounds, Film Series and educational programming.
- Support other Division of Ethics programs and initiatives as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education and experience, plus three years of prior administration experience.
- Master’s degree in the social sciences, law, public health or related field.
- Expertise in event planning, public outreach and social media campaigns.
- Candidates should have outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, and self-initiative.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.