Executive Director Tax
- Requisition no: 525894
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Manhattanville
- School/Department: Controller
- Grade: Grade 16
- Categories: Finance/Accounting
- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range:
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance & Controller, the Executive Director, Tax is responsible for the leadership and management of the university’s Tax Department.
- Bachelor's degree required;
- A minimum of eight years related experience required including supervisory experience.
- CPA, MBA, JD, or Masters in Taxation highly desirable.
- At least three years of non-profit/exempt organization, complex academic or research institution experience preferred.
- Three years of non-profit/exempt organization, complex academic or research institution experience .
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including active listening skills, plus the ability to work closely and effectively with a diverse group of senior University administrators, characterized by strong consensus building and relationship building skills, essential.
- Must be able to negotiate issues, resolve problems and have strong influencing skills.
- Experience in developing and directing compliance practices and procedures and familiarity with computer-based accounting systems required.
- Strong technical skills in financial analysis, reporting and accounting, along with demonstrated analytical skills to examine processing problems and develop reasonable and practical solutions, required.
- The successful candidate must have sound judgment, with an open and collaborative style of leadership that encourages teamwork and cooperation, and a strong role model, manager and coach.
- Must have a passion for excellent customer service and commitment to exceptional quality.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.