- Requisition no: 524077
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Medical Center
- School/Department: Division of Clinical Practice
- Grade: Grade 103
- Categories: Health/Clinical, Administrative Support
- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range:
Reporting to the Assistant Dean of Clinical Affairs and Simulation at Columbia University School of Nursing, the Simulation Coordinator will provide administrative support for the Center, including scheduling rooms and preparing simulation sessions. S/He will also be responsible for monitoring data on Simulation Center usage and other areas to enhance usage of the Center.
Responsibilities will include:
- Scheduling and coordinating all internal and external simulation requests;
- Creating and distributing all sign-ups and teleconference calendar invitations for scheduled sessions;
- Collecting simulation data and reporting simulation center activities each semester for accreditation purposes;
- Entering data for simulation sessions into the simulation capture system;
- Completing required templates for simulation scenarios including room requests, supply needs, required trainings, documented completions, etc.;
- Ensuring all simulation activities have all necessary resources such as supplies, equipment, and staffing;
- Managing and tracking all deliveries to ensure all items have been received;
- Assisting with preparing the rooms for each simulation session with
- appropriate supplies and task trainers;
- Operating hi-fidelity manikins and task trainers for simulation sessions as needed
- Collaborating with the Standardized Patient Coordinator to hire and schedule standardized patients for clinical encounters;
- Documenting and distributing meeting minutes and weekly simulation schedule;
- Ensuring evaluations are distributed and collected after simulation sessions;
- Assisting with enforcing COVID-19 protocols, such as ensuring students are socially distancing, wearing mask, assisting with cleaning the rooms after each session, and escorting students to and from the simulation rooms.
- Performing other responsibilities and projects as needed and assigned.
Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent in education and experience, plus two (2) years of administrative experience.
The successful candidate must be a team player with the ability to problem-solve, share creative solutions, and implement best practices. S/He will possess critical thinking skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously, accurately setting priorities that make sense for the Center. The role requires excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The Simulation Coordinator will have superb interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to deal with all levels of faculty, staff and students, and exemplary customer service skills.
This position will require moderate lifting and carrying of simulation equipment up to 25lbs. Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Power Point, is also required.
Flexibility and adaptability to work varying schedules and hours including evenings and weekends is necessary.
Past experiences as a coordinator in an academic, hospital, or corporate setting is preferred. Two or more years of experience working in a simulation center are also preferred for candidates applying to this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.