- Requisition no: 518119
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Medical Center
- School/Department: Division of Leadership and Strategy
- Grade: Grade 103
- Categories: General Administration, Administrative Support
- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range:
The Dean’s Office at Columbia University School of Nursing is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support for the Dean and Executive Assistant to the Dean, as well as back-up support for the Associate Dean of Diversity and Cultural Affairs, in a busy professional environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Serving as the first point of contact in the Dean’s office to interact with and direct inquiries from faculty, students, alumni, and health professionals in person, by phone and via email;
- Preparing, coordinating and proofreading confidential correspondence and other documents for the Dean;
- Handling/assisting with travel arrangements, reservations and appointments for the Dean;
- Handling travel & business expense forms and reimbursements for the Dean, reconciling P-card expenses, tracking expenses, and working with the Finance Office to process honoraria and check requests;
- Coordinating arrangements for faculty recruits, guest speakers and visitors to the School, including hotel and travel arrangements, scheduling meetings, creating itineraries, processing expense reimbursements, escorting guests around campus, etc.
- Assisting with the planning and organization of meetings, special events and faculty/staff gatherings including creating flyers/invitations, RSVPs, ordering food, scheduling rooms, etc.;
- Maintaining and updating school listservs, faculty & staff lists and directories on a regular basis to ensure accurate information;
- Tracking annual faculty self-evaluations;
- Creating/formatting documents including course evaluation summaries, CVs, referee lists and letters for faculty promotions;
- Managing the filing system for the Dean’s Office;
- Handling the mail, overseeing office equipment, and maintaining the supplies inventory for the Dean’s Office;
- Taking minutes at faculty and staff meetings; and
- Performing additional duties as assigned.
Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education and experience plus at least two (2) years of related experience.
Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe, Excel, PowerPoint, Zoom are required. The successful incumbent will have the ability to manage multiple projects, organize and coordinate information independently, and meet deadlines. S/he must be extremely detail oriented and able to effectively communicate with all levels of faculty, staff and students at the School and University. Excellent organizational, interpersonal and oral/written communication skills are required. This position requires flexibility, solid judgment skills, confidentiality, and the ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.