Construction Engineering Auditor
- Requisition no: 517791
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Morningside
- School/Department: Finance and Administration
- Grade: Grade 12
- Categories: Facilities/Maint/Trades/RealEs, Other, Administrative Support
- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
The Construction/Engineering Auditor will be responsible for continuous evaluation and auditing of residential and capital construction projects, including producing high-quality, client-ready work products. Provide construction engineering audit services on new and existing assignments as part of a multi-disciplinary team, including, but not limited to, preparing work papers, drafting client deliverables, and working within established time.
- Engage in construction engineering surveys and reviews regarding, but not limited to, site visits to monitor work in progress, audits of payment requisitions for contract work completed, quality assurance and quality control audits of areas such as special inspections, review of change orders for contract compliance, accuracy, and completeness, inappropriate material submission or substitution, procurement reviews, fair wage interviews, RFP's, drawings, design specifications, bidding process reviews, benchmarking practices and performance of field audits.
- Provide construction engineering audit services on new and existing assignments as part of a multi-disciplinary team, including, but not limited to, preparing work papers, drafting client deliverables, and working within established time.
- Review and audit Change Orders for contract compliance with the terms of the unit pricing. This could include reviewing labor and labor burden, labor productivity factors, material quantity and pricing, Indirect cost application, subcontractor "buy-outs" within the field, and best value practices.
- Engage with key stakeholders on a regular basis, inclusive of vendors and general contractors. Conduct interviews of contractors and their employees to support audit activities.
- Perform routine and ad-hoc progress payment audits to ensure that the percentage of completion on the invoice represents the percentage completed in the field.
- Review and monitor compliance of service contracts and task order agreement with actual work performed in the field. Conduct reviews to confirm quantities billed where all-inclusive unit prices are used for both Service and Task Order contractors.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience required, preferably in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management. Combined engineering, construction management, and construction financial experience are required.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience required, preferably in the areas of engineering, inspections, construction management, architecture, procurement, construction audit/integrity monitoring, or other construction-related fields.
- Strong attention to detail, team player, self-motivated, and strong technical, analytical, and effective communications skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- The individual must have the ability to work in a client-facing service environment and exercise discretion and judgment.
- Experience in auditing construction projects and site safety, environmental, and OSHA compliance is preferred.
- Construction and/or project management skills, procurement practices, including cost estimating, contracting are highly desirable.
- Experience working on capital construction and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations of the City of New York is considered a plus.
- Certified Fraud Examiner ("CFE") is desirable.
- Experience with computerized Project Management Systems is highly preferred (UNIFIER, Maximo, Primavera P6).
- Candidates must be highly organized and motivated, capable of effectively prioritizing project-related tasks and goals, and capable of simultaneously managing multiple complex projects at different job sites.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.