- Requisition no: 515262
- Work type: Part Time
- Location: Medical Center
- School/Department: Division of Scholarship & Rsch
- Grade: Ungraded
- Categories: Research (Lab and Non-Lab), Administrative Support
- Job Type: Short Term Casual
- Regular/Temporary: Temporary
- Hours Per Week: 10
- Salary Range: $20/hr
The School of Nursing is seeking to hire a Columbia University student to assist with course development. Support is needed to help develop an introductory course that will focus on Data Science in nursing and healthcare. The course will involve hands-on components for the students (e.g., data analytics assignments).
The selected candidate will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Work with course instructors to develop course materials.
- Assist in developing interactive data analytics assignments for students.
- Assist in scheduling and recording guest lecture presentations.
- Assist with designing course evaluations.
- Performing other related duties as assigned
This is a grant funded position and continued employment is contingent upon the grant.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or related experience in technology, information management, and data mining or statistics is preferable.
- Good mathematical skills and sound technical knowledge, including strong knowledge of computers.
- Ability to work cross-functionally as part of a team, as well as an individual contributor.
- Ability to think independently and perform tasks according to the directions of faculty researchers and their project managers on specific projects.
- Effective communication skills.
- Must demonstrate good decision-making skills, be able to call out conflicting issues when they arise, and possess knowledge of how and when to follow through on issues.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to exercise leadership in data analysis activities as part of a research project team.
- Work experience in a field related to data science or health analytics.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.